Monday 25 April 2011

Challenge 52 - week 3

Apologies for the lateness of this post, I know I'm actually into the fourth week right now, so I'm due another post before the week is out!
To be honest, there hasn't been too much going on in the Emporium over the last week. If you follow my other blog http://pirate-treasures.blogspot.com/ you may recall we have just had a new kitchen fitted. So my personal challege last week was tiling the wall - I have never tiled before, so this was new and artistic so I'm counting it towards the Challenge!! I only did the 'straight' bits of tiling, my husband used a tile saw and did the tricky round the plug sockets stuff. They are "rustic" style tiles - for "rustic" read "randomly cut and finished so impossible to line up straight". Still, we got there in the end. Not bad for a novice, eh?!


I did manage to sit in the garden for half an hour and made a little rosette/corsage type thing which will be sewn onto a bag shortly. It took longer than anticipated when I dropped the needle on the grass and had to search for it, then got one of those unexplained knots just when I had nearly finished!
Hmm, so this week's Challenge is to finish the bag...shout at me if I haven't updated by Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Comments are always welcome (unless they are rude or unpleasant), I'd love to read them!